HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the official AmpdAmmo Forums!
We are currently recruiting players for the AVA division!
If you are new, introduce yourself in the designated forum.
AVA Open Beta is coming soon!
We will be redesigning the site soon!

Share | 

Think like a Soldier.... [Incomplete]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guts

PostSubject: Think like a Soldier.... [Incomplete]   October 16th 2009, 2:21 pm

There are a lot of folks out there that just play FPS, and the way they think, is that if they see someone that's not on their side, they put them in their crosshairs, and then they press a button.

There's a hell of a lot more to it than that.

So I'm going to try and help you think like a soldier, and make you better than the enemy in every and any way possible.

Hiding

Now when you're hiding around a corner, that's a great way to get the jump on someone when they just walk on by and leave there back completely exposed to a clip of 5.56 NATO rounds. But I'll tell you something that a lot of people don't think about. Just because you can't see someone, doesn't mean they can't see you. You're going to look like a friggin' idiot if the bad guy on the other team sees the barrel of your gun sticking in the middle of the doorway and he gets the jump on you. It'll make you even worse when you start proclaiming that the assailant's a hacker.

So, experiment with certain areas. Don't squish yourself up against the wall as much as you can 'cause your arm might be clipping through it. Here's a specific example. On Rising Dusk, when you're on the attacking team, and you get to the final point where there's that back door that you have to sit in front of and hold "E" for a while to get into the enemy base, don't crouch directly in front of the bloody door.... Your hands stick through it and they can kill you through the door by shooting your hands off. Instead, crouch off to the side.

Underestimation

Know your enemies. Check out the stats and S/D's of higher ranked people in matches before they begin so you know what to expect of them. If you let your game slip because there's only one of them and 3 of you, you're going to look like a dick when that guy takes all of you out. Check every corner, listen close, stay alert.

You and your Radar

Your radar is your friend! Always pay attention when those little red shapes show up on the radar. You can even tell where there's the most heat going on by how many white x's (Dead teammates) there are in an area, that way you can decide whether you wanna save your skin or try and avenge your team.

But don't get too into your radar! If you look at it too much, you'll miss that sniper that just popped up from behind that box and nailed in you in the skull.

Your Senses

Use all of your senses. Well, except for taste... And smell.

Ehem.

Turn up the volume and wear headphones if you've got pissy parents, you need to hear what's going on. Listen for footsteps, then check the radar to see if it's a friendly or not. Also, pay attention to what the footsteps sound like so you know what surface they're on to better determine their location. I'm sure you've all got well trained eyes and an itchy trigger finger, so there's not much I need to say in that respect.

MORE LATER

Last edited by Guts on October 16th 2009, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jambi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Think like a Soldier.... [Incomplete]   October 16th 2009, 3:26 pm

" Well, except for taste... And smell. "

Not true, i smell fear in my enemies.

Nice guide!

I love those kids who push up against the door in Rising Dust. For fun i roll a grenade right out the window next to the door.

Guts

PostSubject: Re: Think like a Soldier.... [Incomplete]   October 16th 2009, 4:36 pm

Haha, yeah no kidding.

I'll be trying to add more junk to it later as it pops into my head.

I'd be happy to add stuff suggested by people too. I will of course put the name of the contributor by the tip.

Plagiarism is bad!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amp
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Think like a Soldier.... [Incomplete]   October 16th 2009, 6:18 pm

Play every life like it's your only is my only suggestion to add

PostSubject: Re: Think like a Soldier.... [Incomplete]   October 17th 2009, 12:30 pm

radar = amazing.

i saw a group of enemies advancing into the building on scorpion, the 1st part.

tossed a nade off a wall...

4 kill nade.

awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Distortion

PostSubject: Re: Think like a Soldier.... [Incomplete]   October 28th 2009, 8:08 pm

I feel when I look at the health and armor of my soldier, when the color goes deeper I instantly get suspicious.

My superstition is that when the color goes deeper, I think, "Enemy presence is in the area, right now."

But that can easily be voided because I think when you are in a dark room it darkens up.

But I think what I'm trying to say here is, "Always be paranoid. Just because you don't see anybody here doesn't mean you can reload safely, or be careless. Think that there's a guy in the other room just going to rush in and take you out, or right behind you backstabbing your whole team. When your team have cleared the area of hostiles, and allies are right behind, you can safely rest for a moment, reloading and such. Just don't take too long."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipeMonkE

PostSubject: Re: Think like a Soldier.... [Incomplete]   November 4th 2009, 9:23 pm

I play alot better with music on, but o well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhydian

PostSubject: Re: Think like a Soldier.... [Incomplete]   November 9th 2009, 8:08 pm

quick list of what to do:
1. Look back once or twice.
2. Think about what you would do in your enemies situation.
3. Use any means necessary to humiliate your opponent.
4. Use sound to your advantage open a door and wait for your enemy to come running into your trap.
5. Only use grenades when you know there is cover from enemy fire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpbuilder.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think like a Soldier.... [Incomplete]   

Back to top Go down

Think like a Soldier.... [Incomplete]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AmpdAmmo :: Discussions About AVA :: Tips and Strategies-
Jump to: