AmpdAmmo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the official AmpdAmmo Forums!
We are currently recruiting players for the AVA division!
If you are new, introduce yourself in the designated forum.
AVA Open Beta is coming soon!
We will be redesigning the site soon!

Sniping Guide

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Islander

Islander

Sniping Guide Empty
PostSubject: Sniping Guide   Sniping Guide EmptyOctober 18th 2009, 5:33 pm

Table of Contents:

Introduction/Reason for making this guide

Sniping Basics

Sniping Intermediate

Sniping Advance

Introduction

As most of you know, I come from the land of the Bahamas, I enjoy videogames, and consider myself a semi-pro at them, while I have some free time, while my computer is being wiped clean I thought I should write a sniping guide, and yes I know I promised someone to help them, but sadly I have to devote my time to studying this week for a major test I have coming up, hopefully this proves that I'm worth more then the dirt I'm sitting on

Anyways....Onto the guide

Sniping Basics

Before you even THINK about using a sniper in combat you must understand what position you play, when and where to strike, and the strengths and weaknesses of being a sniper

Things you'll need

1. A sniper (duh)

2. Patience, the art of sniping is not perfected in a few day's time

3. Good reaction time, sharp eyes, and self control, if you lack any of these things stop reading now, sniping isn't for you

The art of sniping is percise, the margin of error is slim to non-exsistant, if you miss your target that means you've not only failed to hit the mark, but more then likely given away your position, your ability to aim will determine how well your sniping career will go, remember this always.
If you know you lack the ability to aim stay in your spawn area and set marks for yourself and practive shooting at them until you can easily hit the same exact spot almost 100% of the time

The beauty of snipers lies in the fact that they're both accurate and powerful, use this to your advantage, if the tip of your enemies head is showing then aim carefully and cap the guy in the head, if a group of trigger happy fools are charging, place a bullet in each of their torsos, they'll be pushing up daisys soon enough

A sniper is a doubled edged sword, while you may be a force to be feared at medium-far range, your ability at close range is seriously lacking, if the enemy gets to close for comfort, you cut and run, the pistol isn't a rival for SMGs or Assault Rifles

Remember the reason for being a sniper, your the gaurdian of your team, the never to be seen back support, the overseer of the battle

This is the pattern you should follow:

1.Protecting your teamates comes first, you should see yourself as expendable, if you see your teamate is pinned down take out the people shooting at him first, worry about the mob of people charging at you later, but use your brain, if you know you'll be killed before your able to save your teamate, run to a more suitable position, better yet lead the enemies into a mob of trigger happy teamates just itching to turn them into swiss cheese, THEN take out the guys who have your buddy pinned down, a dead sniper is of no use to the team

2. Cap the peeps, if your team is safe and secure, start capping the heads, this not only makes the life of your team easier, but it is oh-so satisfying seeing the target do a double back-flip onto the ground with a hole in his head

3. After you've laid waste your opponents, change you position, unlike in real warfare, people come back after 5 seconds or so, if you stay in the same spot, they'll no exactly where to find you

Islander

Sniping Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping Guide   Sniping Guide EmptyOctober 18th 2009, 5:34 pm

Intermediate Sniping

Now that you've learned the very basics it's time for the practical part of sniping

Hitting a stanionary target is a simple enough task, however when a target is on the move the task becomes that more complicated, judging the path the enemies going to take is vital if you want to get rid of him

To do this you'll have to learn 3 different kinds of shots

The bread and butter of the sniper is the.....

Prediction Shot:

As the name emplies, you predict where the enemy is coming from, or just as often, where he is going, For example.....

X=Enemy

>,<,^, \/=Direction

O=You

------=vision

l=Wall
\/<<<<<<<X
\/
\/ l
\/ l
\/ l
\/ l
\/ l
\/ l
\/ l
\/ l
\/ l
\/ l

-----------O

The second type of shot you would want to learn is the

Drag Shot:

Once again self explanatory, this is when you "drag" the scope over the target and fire when the reticle in over the target, I can't really explain it, but it does help with your hit percentage, the drag shot will aid you in hitting moving targets, aswell grant you the ability to preform quick kills on stationary targets

This is what it looks like:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLaLFwOapRY&feature=related

And finally the....

Pop Shot:
This one isn't that self explanatory

What this is essentially a loophole in the, One shot, One kill motto

This dramatically increases the margin of error as well

This is what you do

1. Find cover where if you crouch your body and head are completely covered

2. Locate a target

3. Fire, if you miss, crouch down behind cover, move an inch or two to the left or right so the guy you were aiming at doesn't have a clear shot to your head

4. Continue

5.One of you will either die, or run completely out of bullets

Islander

Sniping Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping Guide   Sniping Guide EmptyOctober 18th 2009, 5:35 pm

Advanced Sniping

Okay now that you've mastered the main part of sniping we can now move onto the part of sniping that will make people go, "OMGWTFBBQ HACKS I GOING 2 TELL ADMIN ON YOU"

No-Scope:
Self explanatory!
But for those of you with an IQ less then 50 I'll explain

It's the sniper's version of spray and pray, and if mastered you'll compensate for our lack in close ranged combat

To do this you'll need alot of skill, and alot more luck

To practice, stay in a safe enviorment, mark a target, and without scopng in, hit the target, if you miss wait a few seconds and try again, once you get a feel for it, start doing it while moving,, if mastered you'll be a force to be feared

Quick Scope:

To do this you'll need a basic idea of how to no-scope and fast reaction time, basically if an enemy suddenly pops up on the screen, you'll be able to scope in, shot, and killed the target, as well as have the sniper readied 1.5 seconds faster then normal to take the next shot

This requires more skill then no-scoping however

This is the button sequence:

Right trigger, Left trigger, Q (Default button to switch to previous weapon), Q (switches back to sniper) , rince and repeat

It'll be weird at first, but you'll quickly make it a habit

Jump Shot:

Now out of the three this requires next to NO skill, and relies almost entirely on luck

To Jump Shot, you jump in the air to gain a vantage point over the enemies, use the quick scope method, to cap the target,
To practice this, find a safe area (The Spawn point is reccomended), mark a target, and use the method listed above

Note: All of these can be combined

I will be adding content at unscheduled times
Back to top Go down
http://Jesse@nutts.com
Jambi
Admin
Jambi

Sniping Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping Guide   Sniping Guide EmptyOctober 18th 2009, 5:51 pm

Nice! Stickyed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://ampdammo.forumotion.com
Islander

Islander

Sniping Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping Guide   Sniping Guide EmptyOctober 18th 2009, 5:53 pm

thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
http://Jesse@nutts.com
Gutshotz

Gutshotz

Sniping Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping Guide   Sniping Guide EmptyOctober 19th 2009, 4:37 pm

the explanation for quickscope was a little hard to understand, i mean i understand it but that is b/c i know what to do, so for those that are going "huh, what he talkin about" ill break it down. Alrighty, so lets say we just nailed a long ranged target, checked our miny map and see there are two guys coming at you from around the corner. Instead of letting the sniper automatically aiming again hit the "2" key, then the "1" key FAST and fast being in less than a second. That way you can now zoom in any direction you want to fast. Take out the first guy, then either retreat, or my approach is repeat what i told you above and shoot the second fucker in the head, then run up and tbag the bodies.
Back to top Go down
btraill

btraill

Sniping Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping Guide   Sniping Guide EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 9:48 am

I would credit the owner of this work.

This was created by another user on the Ijji boards. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.btraill.com
Jambi
Admin
Jambi

Sniping Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping Guide   Sniping Guide EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 10:51 am

It's the same person under a different alias. Baha12 = Islander
Back to top Go down
https://ampdammo.forumotion.com
Gutshotz

Gutshotz

Sniping Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping Guide   Sniping Guide EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 2:30 pm

i think we should just call him germama period.
Back to top Go down
btraill

btraill

Sniping Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping Guide   Sniping Guide EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 2:42 pm

Oh, okay. Sorry guys! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.btraill.com
Sponsored content

Sniping Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping Guide   Sniping Guide Empty

Back to top Go down